FACES SF (Family and Child Empowerment Services) provides high-quality child care for low-income families; job support, training, and placement for adults; and comprehensive family support services and referrals. Our mission is to serve the needs and well-being of San Francisco’s young children and empower families to become self-sufficient. Presently we are seeking a talented, positive part-time After School Teacher (32.5 hours/week during the school year; full-time during all SFUSD breaks, including winter and summer). This position is a non-exempt position and reports to the After School Supervisor. If you are passionate about early childhood education, kids in general and want to work in a supportive and collegiate environment where you can make a difference, this is the perfect role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy learning environment
- Supervise children at all times
- Maintains a safe environment in the classroom
- Maintains Community Care Licensing (CCL) standards
- Follow all security procedures
- Conduct health checks for all the children in the classroom
- Advance physical and intellectual competence
- Deliberately design and conduct activities that are focused on program goals
- Support a program environment that is learner centered
- Participate in off-site activities including ones that expand the children’s knowledge and understanding of their immediate community and larger global community
- Incorporate activities to promote physical health
- Incorporate academic content and skill development that contributes to participants’ school success and help address the achievement gap
- Ability to implement project based learning
- Support social and emotional development and provide positive guidance
- Ability to truly connect and relate to youth
- Support positive relationship between staff and children and between children
- Use age appropriate positive guidance techniques and models behavior for children
- Works with the supervisor to understand appropriate developmental expectations of the age group
- Promotes a sense of physical and emotional safety
- Promotes the meaningful engagement and leadership of the participants
- Model strong leadership skills and serves as a mentor to others.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- 12 units of ECE classes or 240 documented hours of direct experience working with children
OR a combination thereof with one unit being equal to 20 training hour
- You have experience with State or Federally funded child care programs (preferred)
- You are committed to working with a diverse population
- You have strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- You have the ability to work cooperatively as part of an interdisciplinary team as well as ability to work independently, demonstrating strong initiative and enthusiasm
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility, self-motivation, and reliability are essential
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Position subject to Live Scan Fingerprinting through the California Department of Justice, TB test, and physical exam
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Health, Welfare & Lifestyle Benefits – 100% employer paid for employee!
- Generous vacation time and holidays – including a paid winter closure.
- A 403 (b) with an employer match
- On-going professional development for all staff
- A chance to make a difference in the lives of kids and their families
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FACES SF is proud of the diversity found in our organization and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.