Family & Child Empowerment Services (FACES) SF provides families who live and work in San Francisco with high-quality early childhood education and enrichment; job support, training, and placement; and comprehensive family support services and referrals. Our mission is to empower families who live and work in San Francisco to transform their futures through evidence-based educational and economic opportunities.
The Child Development Compliance Assistant provides support to the Child Development (CD) program to comply with regulations and requirements for state, city and other funding. This position assists the Contract and Compliance team to complete data entry, collect and review reports, and provide administrative and technical support to the program staff to use multiple database systems. This position follows a hybrid work model, providing onsite services for our child development program, while completing administrative work remotely.
What You’ll Do
Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) Administration Support
- Collect and review daily, weekly, and monthly required (CACFP) paperwork
- Assist in conducting monthly site monitoring
- Assist annual eligibility process
- Review CACFP-related purchases
Child Development Database Management
- Setup Desired Results Developmental Profile (DRDP) online/Learning Genie (LG) accounts and enter data for the center-based program
- Provide TA to the teachers and administrators for DRDP online, LG, and the Department of Children, Youth, and their Families (DCYF) database
- Conduct data entry and collection for CD related reportings
- Assist sampling audits using California Department Education/California Department Social Services program review instrument
CD Contract Program Compliance
- Assist processing provider payments (collecting Sign In/Sign Out Attendance Sheets (SISOs), verified accuracy, etc.
- Review enrollment eligibility and calculate family fees
You have a solid mix of the following knowledge, ability, skills and experience:
- Experience working in an administrative role, preferably within a nonprofit educational setting
- Knowledge of CACFP, subsidized child care data management, program, and reporting ● Excellent organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize duties and meet regular reporting/processing deadlines ● Ability to meet required state, federal, local, and CDC standards (including but not limited to fingerprint clearance, negative TB test, First Aid, CPR)
- COVID-19 vaccinated preferred
- A deep commitment to aligning all program practices to FACES SF values, especially around equity, inclusion, and belonging for all our stakeholders
- Strong passion for and a desire to humbly reflect and grow in pursuit of our mission ● A sense of humor- we believe joy and justice go hand in hand!
You bring these qualities to your day-to-day work:
- Teamwork and Collaboration (You are willing to support, listen, and adjust to staff and program needs.)
- Problem-Solving (You enjoy designing and implementing solutions to address workflow barriers and challenges.)
What We Offer
- Hourly rate between $25-$30 based on experience and qualifications
- Healthcare premiums 100% paid for employees and 25% paid for dependents ● Three weeks of vacation, ten sick days, paid holidays, including one-week winter closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- A retirement plan with employer match up to 7% of your salary
- A chance to positively impact the lives of young children and their families ● A fun, dynamic and collaborative working environment
- Opportunity to join a movement to achieve educational, economic, and racial justice!
To apply: Please send your resume and brief note re: your interest in this role to email@example.com
FACES SF is a welcoming workplace for all. We embrace diversity in every form- race and culture, gender identity, sexuality, country of origin, religion, and/or ability. Candidates with diverse backgrounds and lived experiences are strongly encouraged to apply.
FACES SF is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.