At Family & Child Empowerment Services (FACES) SF, we envision a future where all families have what they need to live, grow, and thrive in San Francisco. We provide families with high-quality early childhood education; after-school and summer enrichment; job support, training, and placement; and comprehensive family support services and referrals. Our mission is to empower families who live and work in San Francisco to transform their futures through evidence-based educational and economic opportunities.
The Director, Family Support and Wellness is a critical leader at FACES SF, managing, developing, and improving programs that partner with and strengthen families, particularly during early childhood, with a focus on holistic health and wellness. Initially the Director will report to the CEO, contributing to strategic planning, annual goal-setting, budgeting, and performance management, as well as research and evaluation. Working closely with our Senior Director Child Development and our VP of Operations and Growth, this role will ensure that we build a measurable, whole-family, whole-child program that provides families with personalized support at critical moments in their families’ growth and development.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Family Wellness Program (40%):
- Oversee our family wellness team (currently 2 family support specialists), which offers support around mental and physical health as well as assistance connecting with other supports to decrease stress and increase wellbeing for themselves and their family unit .
- Ensure that Family Support Specialists are trained in assessing child and family needs from an asset-based, culturally responsive lens that accounts for the relationship among biological, psychological, and social factors in promoting overall wellness.
- Provide direct child services (assessments, observations, notes, meetings, referrals, etc.) to assist the family and child as a unit. In addition, they will train and model this process for staff.
- Provide adult therapy as needed for parents experiencing crisis or needing support.
- Manage existing partnerships and form new partnerships with other nonprofits, universities, and local healthcare providers to ensure that every family can connect to resources to support their family’s healthy development.
- Develop, adapt, and implement structures and tools to measure and share the impact of our family programs.
Family Support and Engagement Programs (40%):
- Supervise a family support and engagement associate, develop our Parent Advisory Committees (PACs), and lead our family communication and engagement activities and workshops. This includes strong partnerships with other nonprofits and universities who may provide some of these services.
- Work with the Senior Director, Community Partnerships and the Workforce Development team to assess parent needs and develop partnerships and home-grown programs that connect and refer families to other supports such as: emergency and barrier removal stipends, housing assistance, legal assistance, loans, job training, professional development, ESOL, HSE, and other tools and opportunities.
Organizational Planning and Leadership (20%):
- Serve on the leadership team of FACES SF, contributing to our strategic planning, annual goal-setting, budgeting, and fundraising.
- Collaborate with the Child Development team to create a FACES SF tool and process for measuring family goal attainment.
- General: A seasoned program leader with 7+ years of program development or clinical experience, especially with historically marginalized families and communities; 5+ years of team management experience. Local Bay Area experience, particularly in multicultural and multilingual settings, is a plus but not required.
- Education: MSW, LMFT, masters in psychology or equivalent experience and knowledge required; LCSW or equivalent preferred. Spanish/Mandarin/Cantonese is a plus but not required.
- Core Content knowledge: A deep understanding of best practices in family and community relationship-building, mental health services, family program development and evaluation. Requires broad theoretical knowledge and expertise in the practice of a variety of treatment modalities and diagnostics and therapeutic techniques in order to diagnose and solve problems in psychotherapeutic work with children and/or adults. An understanding of trauma and toxic stress, particularly as they relate to historically underserved populations, is critical for this role.
- Non-profit skills: Strong knowledge base around program budgeting and operations, client enrollment; data management; government and private funder relationships; and health and safety regulations
- Highly proficient communication skills, including in-person and virtual presentations, social media outreach, all-staff training, and effective 1:1 and team communication.
- Ability to collaborate and connect with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to meet required state, federal, local, and CDC standards (including but not limited to fingerprint clearance, negative TB test, First Aid, CPR)
- COVID-19 vaccinated strongly preferred (weekly testing required for unvaccinated staff)
- A deep commitment to aligning all our program practices to FACES SF values, especially around equity, inclusion, and belonging for all our stakeholders.
- Strong passion for our mission and a desire to humbly reflect and grow in pursuit of that mission.
- A sense of humor! We believe that joy and justice go hand in hand!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Base salary starting at $105,000 annually and increased based on experience, education, and qualifications
- Healthcare premiums 100% paid for employees and 25% paid for dependents
- Three weeks of vacation, ten sick days, ten paid holidays, and a paid one-week winter closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- A retirement plan with an employer match up to 7% of your salary
- Ongoing professional development for all staff
- A chance to positively impact the lives of children and their families
- Opportunity to join a movement to achieve educational, economic, and racial justice!
- A fun, dynamic and collaborative working environment
FACES SF is a welcoming workplace for all. We embrace diversity in every form- race and culture, gender identity, sexuality, country of origin, religion, and/or ability. Candidates with diverse backgrounds and lived experiences are strongly encouraged to apply.
FACES SF is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.