Family & Child Empowerment Services (FACES) SF provides families who live and work in San Francisco with high-quality early childhood education and enrichment; job support, training, and placement; and comprehensive family support services and referrals. Our mission is to empower families who live and work in San Francisco to transform their futures through evidence-based educational and economic opportunities.
FACES SF seeks an experienced specialist to provide coaching and inclusion services to our Family Child Care Network (FCCHEN) providers and students. The Education and Inclusion Coach provides on-site and distance coaching to our home-based providers serving children 0-5, working to develop quality improvement and professional development goals and model and support best practices in early childhood education and management. This role will also work with providers to yield comprehensive assessment and intervention services to FCCHEN students and develop strategies to offer positive discipline and behavior plans for the children enrolled in our FCC homes.
What You’ll Do
- Act as a liaison between in-home providers and FACES SF
- Conduct ongoing site visits and communication (i.e. virtual, email, texts) and collect and monitor educational data, including children’s progress reports, DRDP data, educational reports, IEP’s, site assessments (FCCERS), professional development records, licensing reports, health and nutrition records, etc.
- Conduct ERS assessments and utilize formal and informal data in partnership with the providers to establish and monitor quality improvement goals
- Provide assistance to child care providers to build and strengthen skills in early learning best practices
- Collaborate effectively and appropriately with providers, administrators, parents/guardians, and consultants/specialists (i.e. OT, mental health services, etc.);follow up with ASQ and DRDP concerns, as needed
- Provide direct one-to-one support to our Providers by teaching social-emotional skills, coaching on teaching strategies, supporting children when they engage in behaviors that can be challenging to some adults and helping them work with children to master IEP goals
- Coach providers and model developmentally appropriate classroom activities to support children with suspected or identified special needs
- Assist providers in planning for individualized learning goals and strategies to build relationships, modify the learning environment, and teach social-emotional skills to children with developmental delays or disabilities
- Help providers identify and access resources (i.e. adaptive equipment, instructional materials) to help all children flourish
- Create individualized visual supports to use, model, and share with providers/caregivers (e.g. visuals relating to schedules, expectations, emotions, problem-solving strategies and self-regulation)
- Model strategies from the Pyramid Model and other Social-Emotional Frameworks
- Record and analyze data relating to children’s behavior and skill-building
- Take lead and meet with providers, parents/guardians, and consultants as needed to discuss and interpret ASQ’s, IEP’s and assessments
- Provide referrals, advocate and serve as liaison for additional family inclusion services, such as support for families of children with special needs, etc.
- Lead occasional parent/guardian, provider and staff trainings on child development, special education, and early intervention topics
You have a solid mix of the following knowledge, ability, skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Mental Health, Special Education or related field
- Minimum of 3 -5 years experience teaching or providing therapeutic services to children 0-5 years old from low-income, diverse cultural backgrounds
- Possess California Child Development permit (Special Education Certification a plus!)
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin/Cantonese highly preferred
- Knowledge of ECE curricula, assessments and screenings, including ERS, ASQ, DRDP, etc.
- Experience providing individualized support to children with developmental delays or disabilities (e.g. autism, speech, and language impairment)
- Ability to communicate using technology, develop reports, and track data in a timely manner
- Experience with coaching staff and facilitating workshops/trainings preferred
- Highly organized and able to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines in a complex work environment
- Commitment to working with families from marginalized communities in a sensitive and confidential manner.
- Willingness to travel to family child care homes/ Child Development Centers located across San Francisco.
- Ability to meet required state, federal, local, and CDC standards (including but not limited to fingerprint clearance, negative TB test, First Aid, CPR)
- COVID-19 vaccination preferred (weekly testing required for unvaccinated staff)
- A deep commitment to aligning all program practices to FACES SF values, especially around equity, inclusion, and belonging for all our stakeholder
- Strong passion for and a desire to humbly reflect and grow in pursuit of our mission
- A sense of humor- we believe joy and justice go hand in hand!
What We Offer
- Hourly rate from $33 – $36, based on experience and qualifications
- Healthcare premiums 100% paid for employees and 25% paid for dependents
- Three weeks of vacation, ten sick days, additional paid holidays, including one-week winter closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- A retirement plan with employer match up to 7% of your salary
- A chance to positively impact the lives of young children and their families
- A fun, dynamic and collaborative working environment
- Being part of a movement to achieve educational and economic justice
To apply: Please send your resume and brief note re: your interest in this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
FACES SF is a welcoming workplace for all. We embrace diversity in every form- race and culture, gender identity, sexuality, country of origin, religion, and/or ability. Candidates with diverse backgrounds and lived experiences are strongly encouraged to apply.
FACES SF is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.