Enrollment and Engagement Counselor
Family & Child Empowerment Services (FACES) SF provides families who live and work in San Francisco with high-quality early childhood education and enrichment; job support, training, and placement; and comprehensive family support services and referrals. Our mission is to empower families who live and work in San Francisco to transform their futures through evidence-based educational and economic opportunities.
FACES SF seeks a talented Enrollment and Engagement Counselor to join our team at our Masonic location, supporting other locations as needed. This position is responsible for processes and procedures for the enrollment of all children into our Child Development program, as well as helping families to navigate to additional family services. This Enrollment and Engagement Counselor is responsible for ensuring the program meets all regulations and mandates for enrolling families into the program for all contracts and funding.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work in partnership with centers to identify enrollment gaps and implement targeted marketing and outreach campaigns to share what makes our programs special, effective, and personalized.
- Maintain NOHO Software database where all enrolled children’s files are maintained.
- Monitor attendance, records, files and eligibility via our NOHO software.
- Collaborate with center staff to develop recruitment and enrollment strategies
- Conduct intake process for clients at all locations (Hayes Valley, Masonic, and Bayview).
- Assist families to access FACES SF network of home-based childcare providers, as needed.
- Work with the Enrollment Director to implement a clear set of processes for meeting with, engaging, and addressing the varied needs of families in our early childhood, after-school, and summer programs.
- Partner with child development center site supervisors to assist as needed in scheduling, delivering, and tracking parent tours, kindergarten enrollment status, parent events, and parent action committees.
- Support Child Development team to assess families’ needs and connect them to internal resources and referrals to FACES SF partner organization and providers.
- Ensure families of students with special needs access learning support and referrals.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in an administrative role, preferably in a school setting
- Ability to understand and empathize with the needs of staff, children and families
- Ability to work with diverse populations of students, staff, and families
- Effective and compassionate communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and independently with initiative and enthusiasm
- Ability to maintain appropriate and ethical boundaries with families and staff
- Bilingual (Cantonese/Mandarin/English) is highly preferred
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications and electronic client management systems
- Ability to meet required state, federal, local, and CDC standards (including but not limited to fingerprint clearance, negative TB test, First Aid, CPR)
- COVID-19 vaccinated strongly preferred (weekly testing required for unvaccinated staff)
- Ability to lift moderate amounts of weight (up to 50lb)
- A deep commitment to aligning all program practices to FACES SF values, especially around equity, inclusion, and belonging
- Strong passion for and a desire to humbly reflect, learn, and grow in pursuit of our mission
- A sense of humor- we believe joy and justice go hand in hand!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Hourly rates starts at $26.00 and increases based on experience and qualifications
- Healthcare premiums 100% paid for employees and 25% paid for dependents
- Three weeks of vacation, ten sick days, and paid holidays, including one-week winter closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- A retirement plan with employer match up to 7% of your salary
- Ongoing professional development and reimbursement for continuing education
- A chance to positively impact the lives of young children and their families
- A fun, dynamic and collaborative working environment
- Opportunity to join a movement to achieve educational, economic, and racial justice!
FACES SF is proud of the diversity found in our organization and is a welcoming space for all. We embrace diversity in all forms- race, gender identity, sexuality, country of origin, religion, and/or ability. Candidates with diverse backgrounds and lived experiences are strongly encouraged to apply. FACES SF is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.