Family & Child Empowerment Services (FACES) SF provides families who live and work in San Francisco with high-quality early childhood education and enrichment; job support, training, and placement; and comprehensive family support services and referrals. Our mission is to empower families who live and work in San Francisco to transform their futures through evidence-based educational and economic opportunities.
FACES SF seeks an experienced manager to lead our organization’s learning and evaluation activities across all programs and administrative departments. The Manager will design and implement our internal research activities, and will serve as a thought partner on program design, improvement, and learning for all department directors and teams. The Manager will lead the development and implementation of program evaluation, working closely with each program team to leverage data and research to inform program design. The Manager also will work closely with the development team to provide grant-writing and grant-reporting assistance and with the leadership team to translate outcomes into the story of our work.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with VP Operations and Growth and program staff in all aspects of Continuous Program Quality Assessment Model: logic model design, goal and objective setting, analysis of internal data collected, data collection tool design and administration, and yearly reporting to key
- Oversee learning activities, including family and community needs assessments and review of best practices and research, to produce data-driven program recommendations and action plans.
- Oversee evaluation activities, including the development and implementation of evaluation plans, processes and tools, as well as the analysis and reporting of program/service data.
- Share findings with key stakeholders, including program staff, families, partners, and leadership.
- Supervise summer internship program, including recruiting, training, and supervising graduate level students to collect and analyze data to report on program impact.
- Provide training with the program teams to interpret and apply evaluation findings.
- Lead the production of evaluation communication materials, including written qualitative and quantitative reports, data profiles, and presentations.
- Develop and prepare internal process reports, calendar, and training to support program staff across the full evaluation cycle.
- Collaborate with VP Operations and Growth and Senior Directors to develop structure and systems to ensure timely, accurate, and complete collection of evaluation data.
- Collaborate with VP Operations and Growth and Contracts and Compliance team to integrate program data collection with data tools and systems required for grant compliance and reporting.
- Co-develop impact stories and narratives to demonstrate program effectiveness to diverse groups of key stakeholders, including families and community partners.
You have a solid mix of the following knowledge, ability, skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an evaluator within a nonprofit, social service organization
- Proven experience analyzing complex qualitative or quantitative data
- Ability to work collaboratively and skilled in building relationships with peers and teams
- Experience helping mission-driven organizations use data to measure quality and impact
- Experience in participatory, equity and community-centered models of data collection and analysis
- Strong written and visual (infographics, graphic design, data visualization) reporting skills
- Experience with and understanding of at least one of our key program areas (early childhood education, youth development, workforce development, family services)
- Strong project management experience and able to simultaneously facilitate the work of multiple teams or departments
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, EXCEL, databases, and Internet research
- Ability to meet required state, federal, local, and CDC standards (including but not limited to fingerprint clearance, negative TB test, First Aid, CPR)
- COVID-19 vaccinated (religious or medical exemption allowed with weekly testing)
- A deep commitment to aligning all program practices to FACES SF values, especially around equity, inclusion, and belonging for all our stakeholders within the evaluation process
- Strong passion for and a desire to humbly reflect and grow in pursuit of our mission
- A sense of humor- we believe joy and justice go hand in hand!
What We Offer
- Base annual salary of $80,000 and increased based on experience and qualifications
- Healthcare premiums 100% paid for employees and 25% paid for dependents
- Three weeks of vacation, ten sick days, additional paid holidays, including one-week winter closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- A retirement plan with employer match up to 7% of your salary
- A chance to positively impact the lives of young children and their families
- A fun, dynamic and collaborative working environment
- Being part of a movement to achieve educational and economic justice
FACES SF is a welcoming workplace for all. We embrace diversity in every form- race and culture, gender identity, sexuality, country of origin, religion, and/or ability. Candidates with diverse backgrounds and lived experiences are strongly encouraged to apply.
FACES SF is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.