FACES SF (Family and Child Empowerment Services) provides high-quality child care for low-income families; job support, training, and placement for adults; and comprehensive family support services and referrals. Our mission is to serve the needs and well-being of San Francisco’s young children and empower families to become self-sufficient. We are seeking a talented, collaborative and energetic FCCHEN Director to lead our team at our in-home childcare network team. This is a full-time, exempt position and reports to the VP of Development and Growth.
The FCCHEN Director oversees our 37-home based family childcare programs (FCCHEN) serving children ages 0-5. The FCCHEN Director supervises FCCHEN team including educational coaches and works in partnership with provider support staff, administrators and/or family child care providers to support best practices in early childhood education and management practices, and professional development goals.
Our FCCHEN providers deliver a safe and loving alternative to center-based care. At FACES SF, we work with licensed home care providers who deliver services in English, Spanish, and Chinese. Our network’s primary areas are in the Southeast neighborhoods of San Francisco including Bayview Hunters Point, Excelsior, Portola, and Visitacion Valley. The homes are modeled after small preschools, and meet a variety of safety, health, and academic standards. Our creative curriculum emphasizes language development, self-help skills, and socialization.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage/lead overall operations of the 37 provider FCCHEN program and ensure quality program is delivered through our FCC homes
- Represent as FACES SF FCCHEN program liaison to outside resources (especially in collaboration/partnership with OECE ELS program to ensure our FCCHEN Provider deliver CDSS and OECE compliance child care services through our program
- Oversee site visits regularly
- Create/follow up program level of goal and implementation plan
- Plan, develop, schedule and/or provide in-service training to the providers and team
- Utilize formal and informal data in partnership with providers to establish and monitor quality improvement goals.
- Provide assistance to child care providers to build and strengthen skills in early learning best practices.
- Conduct ERS assessment
- Bachelor’s Degree in ECE or a related field or an appropriate combination of education and experience
- Possess or immediately Obtain Program Director Level permit
- Knowledge of ECE Curricula and Assessments, including Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS) and Environmental Rating Scales (ERS) tools
- Experience of working in the childcare classroom (home) setting
- Excellent listening skills and ability to provide leadership, innovation, motivation and constructive feedback to Early Learning professionals
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain timely documentation/data/reporting
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate
- Highly organized and ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines in a complex work environment
- Familiarity with database programs and computer applications
- Knowledge of state and other funding requirements and regulations
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to meet and maintain State of California Community Care Licensing requirements, federal, local and FACES SF guidelines including, but not limited to fingerprint clearance, negative TB test, and employment physical
- Frequently lift a range of weight from ten (10) to fifty (50) pounds to carry materials
- Two (2) years classroom experience in ECE classroom or family child care home setting
- Hold or qualify for CA Child Development Associate Permit or higher (minimum 12 units in ECE)
- This position requires frequent travel within San Francisco; applicants must possess a valid California driver’s license and proof of insurance
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Competitive Health, Welfare & Lifestyle Benefits that include a Kaiser and an Aetna Gold Plan
- Healthcare premiums 100% paid for employees and 25% paid for dependents.
- Generous vacation time starting at 15 days a year
- 10 paid Holidays AND a paid winter closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- A retirement plan with an employer matches up to 7% of your salary
- Ongoing professional development for all staff
- Management support and reimbursement opportunities for your continuing education
- A chance to make a difference in the lives of kids and their families
- A fun, dynamic and collaborative working environment
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
FACES SF is a welcoming space for all, regardless of race, gender, sexuality, country of origin, religion, or ability. Candidates from a diversity of backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. FACES SF is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.