Family & Child Empowerment Services (FACES) SF provides families who live and work in San Francisco with high-quality early childhood education and enrichment; job support, training, and placement; and comprehensive family support services and referrals. Our vision is for all families to live, grow, and thrive in San Francisco.
FACES SF seeks a passionate, collaborative educator with expertise in program design to serve as our first Inclusion Manager, who will support our Inclusion team to provide comprehensive assessment and intervention services for infants through school-age children. In collaboration with the Director of Family Support and Wellness, the Inclusion Manager will set the vision,
direction, and strategy for children with special needs. In addition, the manager will partner with the education leadership team to support each student to thrive in our learning spaces!
What You’ll Do
Inclusion Program Administration (70%)
- Set process and standards for Inclusion Specialists to collaborate with teachers, administration, parents/caregiver and consultants/specialists (OT, mental health services, etc.) to effectively and appropriately provide services for FACES SF children and students.
- Develop and standardize approach for the Inclusion team to provide one-on-one support with children based on developmental goals outlined in Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and Individualized Family Service Plans (IFSPs).
- Develop coaching approach and philosophy for the Inclusion team to train teachers and model classroom activities and practices to support children with special needs.
- Coach and supervise Inclusion Specialists (2-3 FTE) and Paraprofessional (1 FTE) to provide high-quality services for children with special needs.
- Collaborate with the Compliance Team to create and implement processes for the documentation and management of inclusion service data to meet reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with the Evaluation and Learning Team to support data collection and measurement efforts to evaluate program outcomes and impact.
- Partner with FACES SF Program Directors to co-design and implement a comprehensive resource, referral and advocacy approach to meet families’ holistic needs.
Providing or Modeling Inclusion Service (30%)
- Support and partner with the inclusion team and education leadership to standardize inclusion values, resources, and materials across FACES SF classrooms and learning spaces.
- Support the inclusion team to partner with parents/caregivers and teachers to interpret The Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ), IEPs, and other assessments, as needed.
- Train and educate parents/caregivers and teachers on inclusion topics, as needed.
- Model Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning (CSEFEL) strategies in classrooms, including visual schedules and expectations.
- You have a solid mix of the following knowledge, ability, skills and experience: –B. A. degree in Child Development, Mental Health, Special Education or related fields (Masters degree in related field a plus!)
- Minimum 8 years of experience working with children ages 0-12; 4 years supervising staff
- Possess California Child Development permit (Special Education Certification a plus!)
- Demonstrated expertise in children and families with special needs, including behavioral and emotional needs (Experience in Applied Behavioral Analysis a plus!)
- Experience coaching, training, and facilitating workshops for teams of diverse educators
- Experience working with and building relationships with families from marginalized communities
- Effective and compassionate communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve cooperatively and independently with flexibility and enthusiasm
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications and electronic client management systems
- Ability to meet required state, federal, local, and CDC standards (including but not limited to fingerprint clearance, negative TB test, First Aid, CPR)
- Able and willing to travel among FACES locations throughout the week
- A deep commitment to aligning all program practices to FACES SF values, especially around equity, inclusion, and belonging for all our stakeholders
- Strong passion for and a desire to humbly reflect, learn, and grow in pursuit of our mission
- A sense of humor- we believe joy and justice go hand in hand!
What We Offer
- Salary range from $87,000-$93,000 based on experience, qualifications, and education
- Healthcare premiums 100% paid for employees and 25% paid for dependents
- Three weeks of vacation (increases over time), twelve sick days, ten paid holidays, and a paid one-week winter closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- A retirement plan with employer match up to 7% of your salary
- A chance to positively impact the lives of young children and their families
- A fun, dynamic and collaborative working environment
- Being part of a movement to achieve educational and economic justice
To apply: Please send your resume and brief note re: your interest in this role to email@example.com.
FACES SF is a welcoming workplace for all. We embrace diversity in every form- race and culture, gender identity, sexuality, country of origin, religion, and/or ability. Candidates with diverse backgrounds and lived experiences are strongly encouraged to apply. FACES SF is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.