FACES SF is working to close the wealth gap in some of San Francisco’s most disadvantaged neighborhoods by providing children and families with a holistic pathway to long term self-sufficiency. We recognize that economic empowerment is multifaceted, which is why we provide families with early childhood education, counseling and support services, and a comprehensive workforce development program. We are focused on supporting struggling San Francisco families by working to close the education achievement gap early, helping our families build strong bonds with one another, and guiding them into successful careers.
Are you an educator looking to contribute to an organization with a mission of serving the needs and well-being of San Francisco’s youngest children and empowering families to become self-sufficient? We are looking for an Inclusion Specialist to provide comprehensive assessment and intervention services to children in our infant, toddler, preschool and extended care programs at FACES SF’s Bayview Child Development Center. This individual is responsible for assisting in the assessments of special needs, supporting classroom teachers in implementing developmental goals for children and educating teachers to make accommodations in their classrooms and curricula to enable their students to reach full potential. You will be part of our Family Services team of counselors and therapists and report to our Director of Family Support Services.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Child Assessment and Implementation
- Work effectively and appropriately with teachers, administration, parents and consultants/specialists, i.e. OT, mental health services, etc. Following up with ASQ and DRDP concerns when necessary.
- Work one-on-one with children in the classroom to attain specific developmental goals outlined in IEP’s.
- Educate teachers and modeling developmentally appropriate classroom activities to support children with suspected or identified special needs.
- Support teacher and center to find resources (instructional materials, adaptive equipment, etc.) to help children flourish in classrooms.
- Build parent and staff relationships through inclusion and collaboration
- Meet with parents/guardians in conjunction with other staff to interpret ASQ’s, parent conferences, IEP meetings, and assessments when needed.
- Providing referrals, advocating, and serving as liaison for additional family services such as Support for Families with Special Needs, etc.
- Lead occasional parent and staff trainings on child development, special education and early intervention topics.
- Collaborate with Family Support Team to facilitate CSEFEL team meetings and working with teachers to implement CSEFEL strategies in classrooms, including visual schedules and expectations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- B. A. degree and 2 years of experience in Child Development, Mental Health, Special Education or related fields or A. A. degree and 3 years of experience in Child Development, Mental Health, Special Education or related fields
- At least 2 years of experience working with young children with special needs and their families
- Ability to work with a diverse staff and client population
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- California Child Development permit a plus
- Bilingual language skills in Spanish a plus
- Be in good health, able to lift 50 lbs., and have the ability to go up and down stairs with no limitation
- Provide fingerprint clearance, negative TB test, and passing employment physical.
- Possesses Special Education Certification (preferred, but not required)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Health, Welfare & Lifestyle Benefits – 100% employer paid for employee!
- Generous vacation time and holidays
- A 403 (b) with an employer match
- On-going professional development for all staff
- A chance to make a difference in the lives of kids and their families
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
FACES SF is a welcoming space for all, regardless of race, gender, sexuality, country of origin, religion, or ability. Candidates from a diversity of backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. FACES SF is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.