FACES SF (Family and Child Empowerment Services) provides high-quality childcare for low-income families; job support, training, and placement for adults; and comprehensive family support services and referrals. Our mission is to serve the needs and well-being of San Francisco’s young children and empower families to become self-sufficient.
We are seeking a hands-on, detail-oriented Operations Lead to join our team. If you’ve ever run a small business or you’ve been in a role where you had to wear multiple hats and jump into action to help an organization or team run smoothly, then you have a sense of what this role is about. The lead will directly support the administrative and site-based teams with day-to-day tasks and is the project manager on all facility, IT, security, and other key operational duties for the organization. The ops lead is proactive, professional, and able to coordinate between organizational departments and external partners.
- A bachelor’s degree or other equivalent training
- 3-5 Years of Administrative/Operations/Project Management Experience (non-profit preferred) with a proven record of project completion and proactive solutions and fixes
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently to complete both routine, ongoing, and multi-level, complex projects
- Proven ability to maintain collaborative, consistent, and clear communication with staff, external vendors, and all those we serve
- Clear and organized written, electronic, and verbal communication
- Developed technical and computer skills
- Experience with security and emergency management tasks a strong plus
- Dedication to our values and to our mission of empowering all families with transformative educational and economic opportunities
Facilities and Security:
- Serve as the project manager for facility related repairs, upgrades, and maintenance
- Manage ongoing facility related tasks for all four locations, including two kitchens, and coordinate with site administrators and supervisors
- Schedule and oversee facility repairs, remodels, and maintenance for all four locations
- Through written plans, training, and communication, update and keep organization in compliance with all security needs and emergency response requirements
- Manage and monitor the ongoing list of IT related tasks for all four locations
- Serve as the point of contact between the organization and our IT service providers
- Serve as the administrator of phone/telecommunications related needs (assigning new emails, laptops, phone extensions, changing extensions, passwords, redirects, etc.)
- When feasible, provide live and/or remote “guide-by-the-side” training for staff on IT issues, setup, etc.
Vendor Management and Compliance:
- Manage operations-related vendor relationships and vendor purchases and contracts
- Ensure that the organization stays in compliance with all necessary codes and regulations related to core operations
You Possess These Qualities:
Our Operations Lead will know and treat everyone—from the kitchen staff to the CEO—with the highest respect. You meet deadlines, respond in a timely way, and communicate when there are delays.
You view yourself as a problem-solving partner to our sites and their staff. Your customer service approach is to look for creative win-win solutions, and it’s an approach that is friendly, fast, open to feedback, and focused on getting projects across the finish line.
Planning for “Quiet Enjoyment”
You pay attention to the little things that make a difference. Rather than focusing on short-term patches, when possible, you plan ahead and organize your approach to help maximize long-lasting efficiency and quality. You love creating the sense of “quiet enjoyment” that happens when our facilities, systems, and tools work smoothly, day after day.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- 10 paid holidays and a paid winter closure between Christmas and New Year’s.
- A retirement plan with employer match up to 7% of your salary
- Ongoing professional development for all staff
- Management support and reimbursement opportunities for your continuing education
- A chance to make a difference in the lives of children and their families
- A fun, dynamic, and collaborative working environment
Please email your compelling cover letter (detailing your connection to our mission) and resume, attn: Lindsay Nieri, HR Director.
FACES SF is proud of the diversity found in our organization and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: $70,000 – 75,000 annually
FACES SF is proud of the diversity found in our organization and is an Equal Opportunity Employer