Family & Child Empowerment Services (FACES) SF provides families who live and work in San Francisco with high-quality early childhood education and enrichment; job support, training, and placement; and comprehensive family support services and referrals. Our mission is to empower families who live and work in San Francisco to transform their futures through evidence-based educational and economic opportunities.
FACES SF seeks an experienced manager to be part of our people operations team working to ensure our hardworking, dedicated employees have everything they need to thrive throughout their employee journey. The People and Culture Manager will be a well-rounded People and Culture professional who can manage key aspects of People Operations, support continuous improvement efforts enriching our culture, while working in core areas of HR operations, talent acquisition, JEDI, benefits, etc. They also will have strong knowledge of CA law. The People & Culture Manager should be a resourceful self-starter who will thrive in a diverse, community-based environment and bring a blend of patience, curiosity, empathy, and accountability when partnering with staff.
What You’ll Do
People & Culture General Support
- Support the Director of P&C and hiring managers in creating and maintaining recruitment plans to attract diverse and talented candidates
- Support hiring managers and the Director of P&C with administrative tasks related to recruitment, interviewing, hiring, onboarding, and offboarding processes
- Lead benefits open enrollment and ongoing administration of all benefits, including medical, dental, vision, LTD, 403b, life insurance, and FSA & HSA plans
- Run ADP reports on HR data, including retention, demographics, PTO balances, benefits usage, etc.
- Coach managers on performance support, professional planning and team retention strategies
- Partner with the Director of P&C to develop and administer a compensation program, including compensation reviews and surveys to ensure equitable and fair pay
- Assist the Director of P&C with pulse surveys, employee engagement and employee development
- Recommend and support strategies to foster a welcoming and inclusive culture for all staff
- Partner with managers and leadership to maintain an employee-centered workplace culture
- Create and maintain employee files and other employment records; process forms related to employee changes, hires and terminations
- Ensure all employee data is entered and updated in ADP Workforce Now and HRIS systems, including deductions, benefits and all employee changes and update the finance department for payroll processing
- Coordinate with Director of P&C to complete all compliance and HR reporting documents
- Partner with the Director of P&C to ensure FACES SF remains in compliance with all relevant labor laws and regulations, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, and termination
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws, specifically related to FMLA, CFRA, PDL, etc.
- Collaborate with the Director of P&C to develop and maintain employee policies to ensure compliance and best practices; support communication and training to ensure consistent implementation
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of laws and regulations related to EEO
We seek candidates with a solid mix of the following knowledge, ability, skills and experience:
- 5-7 years of experience working in human resources
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations preferred, especially those with educators on staff
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders in a diverse community
- Sound judgment to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Knowledge of FMLA, CFRA, COBRA, ERISA, HIPAA, and other state and federal regulations
- Innovative thinker who can contribute to continuous improvement of protocols, policies and operating procedures and adapt to new technology and platforms
- Experience with JEDI planning and implementation is a plus
- Experience with creating ERG’s, Diversity Networks, Colleague Resource Groups is a plus
- Resourceful and able to multitask, prioritize, manage time effectively
- Proficient technical skills, including ADP Software, Lattice, database, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, and online communications (e.g., Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Zoom, etc.)
- Ability to meet required state, federal, local, and CDC standards (including but not limited to fingerprint clearance, negative TB test, First Aid, CPR)
- A deep commitment to aligning all program practices to FACES SF values, especially around equity, inclusion, and belonging for all our stakeholders within the evaluation process
- Strong passion for and a a desire to humbly reflect and grow in pursuit of our mission
- A sense of humor – we believe joy and justice go hand in hand!
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary between $75,000-$85,000 based on experience and qualifications
- Three weeks of vacation, ten sick days, ten paid holidays, and a paid winter closure between Christmas & New Year’s
- A retirement plan with employer match up to 7% of your salary
- 100% employer covered health care for employee, and 25% coverage for dependents
- A chance to positively impact the lives of young children and their families
- A fun, dynamic and collaborative working environment
- Being part of a movement to achieve educational and economic justice
FACES SF is a welcoming space for all. We embrace diversity in all forms- race, gender identity, sexuality, country of origin, religion, or ability. Candidates with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. FACES SF is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.