FACES SF (Family and Child Empowerment Services) provides high quality child care for low-income families; job support, training, and placement for adults; and comprehensive family support services and referrals. Our mission is to serve the needs and well-being of San Francisco’s young children and empower families to become self-sufficient. Presently we are seeking talented, positive Preschool Teachers for our Bayview and Haight Ashbury locations. If you are passionate about early childhood education and want to work in a supportive and collegial environment where you can make a difference, this is the perfect role for you. This is a full time non-exempt position and reports directly to the site supervisor.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Establish and maintain a safe, healthy and rich learning environment
- Supervise children at all times
- Maintain a safe and open environment in the classroom
- Maintain Community Care Licensing (CCL) standards and train and supervise staff regarding CCL regulations
- Follow all necessary security procedures
- Conduct health checks for all the children in the classroom
- Enhance and advance physical and intellectual competence of the students
- Be responsible for ensuring positive teacher/child interactions and relationships in the classroom
- Lead classroom teaching team in planning lessons and activities appropriate to children’s developmental levels
- Plan educational and fun off-site activities
- Support social and emotional development and provide positive guidance
- Use age appropriate positive guidance techniques and models behavior for children
- Model strong leadership skills and serve as a mentor to others
- Work with the teaching team to understand appropriate developmental expectations of the age group
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- You hold or are qualified for the California Child Development Associate permit or higher (minimum 12 ECE units)
- You have two or more years classroom experience in ECE setting
- You have experience with State or Federally funded child care programs (preferred)
- You are committed to working with a diverse population
- You have strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- You have the ability to work cooperatively as part of an interdisciplinary team as well as the ability to work independently, demonstrating strong initiative and enthusiasm
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility, self-motivation and reliability are essential
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Position subject to Live Scan Fingerprinting through the California Department of Justice, TB test, and physical exam
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Hourly wage is $17 to $23 depending on experience.
- Competitive Health, Welfare & Lifestyle Benefits that include a Kaiser and an Aetna Gold Plan.
- Healthcare premiums 100% paid for employee and 25% paid for dependents.
- Generous vacation time starting at 15 days a year.
- 10 paid Holidays AND a paid winter closure between Christmas and New Years.
- A retirement plan with an employer match up to 4% of your salary.
- Ongoing professional development for all staff.
- Management support and reimbursement opportunities for your continuing education.
- A chance to make a difference in the lives of kids and their families.
- A fun, dynamic and collaborative working environment.
Please send a cover letter and resume indicating your site preference to email@example.com.
Diversity and Inclusion
FACES SF is a welcoming space for all, regardless of race, gender, sexuality, country of origin, religion, or ability. Candidates from a diversity of backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. FACES SF is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.