Family & Child Empowerment Services (FACES) SF provides families who live and work in San Francisco with high-quality early childhood education and enrichment; job support, training, and placement; and comprehensive family support services and referrals. Our mission is to empower families who live and work in San Francisco to transform their futures through evidence-based educational and economic opportunities.
Our FACES SF Teachers are passionate about early childhood education, kids in general and work in a supportive and collegiate environment where you can make a difference. These positions are non-exempt and will report directly to the Site Supervisor. Current openings include classroom and floater teachers.
What You’ll Do
- Establish and maintain a safe, healthy and rich learning environment per FACES SF standards
- Support children’s growth in key developmental areas (social-emotional, language and literacy, cognitive, and physical)
- Use age appropriate positive guidance techniques and model behavior for children
- Ensure positive teacher/child interactions and peer relationships in the classroom
- Maintain Community Care Licensing (CCL) standards
- Collaborate with the teaching team to understand and implement developmentally appropriate expectations
- Follow all health and safety procedures, including closely supervising children and conducting health checks
- Contribute to weekly developmental observations and DRDP assessments
- Create and maintain positive family relationships
- Communicate with parents/caregivers daily around their child’s day and milestones
- Follow all policies, procedures, and expectations set in Teacher Handbook
- Attend staff meetings and professional development/trainings
You have a solid mix of the following knowledge, ability, skills and experience:
- Hold or are qualified for the California Child Development Associate Teacher Permit or Higher
- Two (2) + years classroom experience in ECE setting (preferred)
- Experience with State or Federally funded child care programs (preferred)
- Commitment to working with families from marginalized communities
- Effective and compassionate communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of an interdisciplinary team as well as the ability to work independently, demonstrating strong initiative and enthusiasm
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility, self-motivation and reliability are essential
- Able and willing to travel locally for job related duties as needed
- Ability to meet required state, federal, local, and CDC standards (including but not limited to fingerprint clearance, negative TB test, First Aid, CPR)
- COVID-19 vaccinated strongly preferred (weekly testing required for unvaccinated staff)
- Able and willing to travel between our centers as needed
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- A deep commitment to aligning all program practices to FACES SF values, especially around equity, inclusion, and belonging for all our stakeholder
- Strong passion for and a desire to humbly reflect, learn, and grow in pursuit of our mission
- A sense of humor- we believe joy and justice go hand in hand!
What We Offer
- Hourly rates starts at $28.00- $38.40 and increases based on experience and qualifications
- Healthcare premiums 100% paid for employees and 25% paid for dependents
- Three weeks of vacation, ten sick days, paid holidays, including one-week winter closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- A retirement plan with employer match up to 7% of your salary
- A chance to positively impact the lives of young children and their families
- A fun, dynamic and collaborative working environment
- Opportunity to join a movement to achieve educational, economic, and racial justice!
To apply: Please send your resume and brief note re: your interest in this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
FACES SF is a welcoming space for all. We embrace diversity in all forms- race, gender identity, sexuality, country of origin, religion, or ability. Candidates with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
FACES SF is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.