Are you a dependable and fun adult looking for a way to support children as they grow and develop? FACES SF is seeking Teacher’s Aides to assist lead teachers in our classrooms and childcare centers located in the the Bayview and Haight Ashbury neighborhoods. If you are passionate about early childhood education and want to work in a supportive and collegial environment where you can make a difference, this is the perfect role for you. This is a full time, non-exempt position and reports directly to the site supervisor while working under that guidance of a lead teacher.
FACES SF provides critical assistance to low income families citywide, with a focus in the Haight Ashbury, Western Addition, Visitacion Valley, and Bayview Hunters Point neighborhoods in the following areas: early childhood development, workforce training, school age enrichment programs, and family support services. Our mission is to nurture, teach and empower San Francisco’s children and families to transform their lives.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide instruction, as needed, according to plans as prepared by the regular classroom teacher.
- Help manage classroom behavior and environment.
- Interact, play and talk to children.
- Supervise children at all times including transitions from classroom to yard and on field trips.
- Use appropriate judgment to act in the best interests of students at all times.
- Maintain daily classroom routine, including distributing and collecting supplies, keeping attendance records, setting up meals, etc.
- Adhere to FACES SF policies and procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- You are committed to working with a diverse population
- You have the ability to work cooperatively as part of an interdisciplinary team while demonstrating strong initiative and enthusiasm
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility, self-motivation and reliability are essential
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Position subject to Live Scan Fingerprinting through the California Department of Justice, TB test, and physical exam
- Multilingual Spanish and/or Chinese speaking language skills are a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary.
- Competitive Health, Welfare & Lifestyle Benefits that include a Kaiser and an Aetna Gold Plan.
- Healthcare premiums 100% paid for employee and 25% paid for dependents.
- Generous vacation time starting at 15 days a year.
- 10 paid Holidays AND a paid winter closure between Christmas and New Year.
- A retirement plan with an employer match up to 4% of your salary.
- Ongoing professional development for all staff.
- Management support and reimbursement opportunities for continuing education.
- A chance to make a difference in the lives of kids and their families.
- A fun, dynamic, and collaborative working environment.
Please send a thoughtful cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com.
Diversity and Inclusion at FACES SF
FACES SF is a welcoming space for all, regardless of race, gender, sexuality, country of origin, religion, or ability. Candidates from a diversity of backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. FACES SF is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.