FACES SF is slowly reopening from the shut down imposed by the City of San Francisco and the Department of Public Health. FACES SF plans to follow the lead of other city educational institutions such as the SFUSD and the Office of Early Childhood Education for direction around how quickly to resume operations. We will post updates and resources here for our families, workforce clients, and the community.
Information about local response to the COVID-19 virus:
– City of San Francisco’s order to shelter-in-place
– San Francisco Department of Health COVID-19 Health Orders and updated facts about the virus
– City of San Francisco’s COVID-19 updates and resources
Resources for Families Use at Home with Your Children
– FACES SF’s YouTube Channel with lessons and activities for our children developed by our staff.
– SFUSD plans to still send out letters letting families know about Kindergarten placements for next year, and here are instructions for accepting your child’s school assignment. DO NOT go to the Educational Placement Center (EPC) because they will be closed through at least April 10th.
– San Francisco Unified School District’s free meals and emergency childcare – Bret Harte Elementary at 1035 Gillman is the closest site to our Bayview campus providing free meals to children starting March 18th, 9AM to 10AM.
– Learning Without Tears – Free accounts offered for 90 days with books, lessons, demonstrations of letter and number formations, music, videos, stories, and more.
– Ready Rosie Toolkit for Families – Information and resources for supporting your children. Ver en Español
– Reading and activities from the award winning book, Zoey and Sassafras