Family & Child Empowerment Services (FACES) SF provides families who live and work in San Francisco with high-quality early childhood education and enrichment; job support, training, and placement; and comprehensive family support services and referrals. Our mission is to empower families who live and work in San Francisco to transform their futures through evidence-based educational and economic opportunities.
FACES SF seeks a Supervisor for our school-age program, BASECAMP, which is offered before and after school and during the summer at our Bayview campus. The Supervisor role includes leadership, program design, and administrative duties, as well as day-to-day coordination of high quality, safe academic and enrichment programming for approximately 90 school-age participants. This is a full-time, exempt position and reports to the Campus Director.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate and deliver quality out-of-school time program for children in TK-6th grades
- Support participants’ social and emotional development and provide positive guidance
- Develop program values and guidelines to respect and honor cultural diversity, including effectively supporting English learners and students with special needs
- Hire, train, supervise, coach and support part-time teachers, contractors, and volunteers
- Implement performance assessments, annual reviews, and performance improvement plans
- Facilitate and attend in-service trainings, meetings, and workshops
- Work closely with Campus Director and Family Resource team to ensure high quality community events for students, families and community members
- Establish positive and productive relationships with families, including addressing challenges
- Partner with Education Coordinator to build and strengthen relationships with local schools through regular meetings with school staff and other after school partners to ensure program is operating at capacity and in alignment with academic goals
- Partner with Family Resource team and Education Coordinator to support Individualized Education Program (IEP) meetings for participants
- Research and train staff on best practices and resources from the out-of-school time field
- Collaborate with contractors and partners to implement specialized curricula
- Monitor teacher (including substitutes) schedules, time sheets, vacation and leave time
- Support human resources and payroll requirements for teachers and other program staff
- Perform required data entry and reporting to comply with funding and contract requirements, including participant attendance, assessments, and registration for DCYF ● Assist children’s transition and transportation to and from neighborhood schools
You have a solid mix of the following knowledge, ability, skills and experience:
- Five or more years of experience working with children in an out-of-school time program
- Knowledge and experience in youth development (child development education a plus!)
- Experience supervising and inspiring staff and/or volunteers preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with diverse community of co-workers, families, and partners
- Ability to maintain boundaries and communicate effectively with school-age children
- Ability to connect with and motivate children genuinely and with positive reinforcement
- Ability to motivate, excite and spark curiosity and well-being among students and teachers
- Strong organization, oral/ written communication, problem solving, and leadership skills
- Track record of creating a supportive, creative, and consistent learning environment
- Ability to meet required state, federal, local, and CDC standards (including but not limited to fingerprint clearance, negative TB test, First Aid, CPR)
- Ability to bend, lift, and move up to 20 lbs
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus!
- A deep commitment to aligning all program practices to FACES SF values, especially around equity, inclusion, and belonging for all our stakeholder
- Strong passion for and a desire to humbly reflect and grow in pursuit of our mission
- A sense of humor- we believe joy and justice go hand in hand!
What We Offer
- Annual salary between $70,000-$80,000 based on experience
- Healthcare premiums 100% paid for employees and 25% paid for dependents
- Three weeks of vacation, ten sick days, ten paid holidays, and a paid one-week winter closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- A retirement plan with employer match up to 7% of your salary
- Ongoing professional development and reimbursement for continuing education
- A chance to positively impact the lives of young children and their families
- A fun, dynamic and collaborative working environment
- Being part of a movement to achieve educational and economic justice
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
FACES SF is a welcoming workplace for all. We embrace diversity in every form- race and culture, gender identity, sexuality, country of origin, religion, and/or ability. Candidates with diverse backgrounds and lived experiences are strongly encouraged to apply.
FACES SF is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.